Banana Cran Oat Breakfast Cookies
~serves 10, paleo, gluten free & dairy free
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats (use gluten free oats if desired)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup chopped raw pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup dried cranberries or craisins
- 1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Then mix all wet ingredients together ( coconut oil, banana, applesauce, honey and vanilla, --tip: if you measure out the coconut oil first the honey will not stick to your measuring cup!). Then add all wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Form medium to large cookies (~10-11 cookies) with a large cookie scoop or your hands. The cookies do not spread so you should be able to fit them on one pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are firm. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freezer.