Pumpkin, Banana, & Blueberry Muffins
~these are very dense and filling; a great way to start the day! No added sugar or oils!
~makes 12 medium muffins; Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (preferably a BPA free lined can)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour (regular baking flour or whole wheat flour will work too)
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all wet ingredients together first (bananas, pumpkin, applesauce & eggs) in a small bowl. Mix all dry ingredients (except for blueberries) in a larger bowl. Add wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix completely. Fold in the blueberries, being careful not to over-mix. Grease a muffin tin with spray or oil. Fill each muffin cup to the top (these muffins do not rise) and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let the muffins cook completely prior to removing them from the muffin tin. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.