PUMPKIN GRANOLA COOKIES
~ serves 12, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup pure pumpkin, canned
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (use gluten free if desired)
- ¼ cup raw pepita seeds (pumpkin seeds)
- 3 TBSPs raw shelled hemp hearts
- 2 TBSPs chia seeds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Then mix all wet ingredients together (mashed banana, pumpkin, maple syrup and vanilla) together in a separate bowl. Then add all wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Form medium to large cookies (12 cookies) using a large cookie scoop and your hands. The cookies do not spread so you should be able to fit them on one pan. I like to use my hands and make spherical patties.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are firm. Cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator (up to 10 days) or freezer (up to 6 weeks).