ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUT & BEET SALAD
~ serves 4; gluten-free, dairy-free option
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSPs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSPs red wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSPs lemon juice
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 cups baby spinach (preferably organic)
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa (roughly ½ cup dry quinoa)
- 4 TBSPs goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 large or 3 medium cooked beets, cubed (pre-cooked, store-bought work well!)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe (see side dishes)
First prepare the brussels sprouts according to the recipe under my side dish recipe tab. While the sprouts are roasting boil the quinoa in 1 cup water. Next, prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients to a small jar. Cap the jar and shake everything together well.
Continue to check on the quinoa; remove from burner once all the water has been absorbed. Slice the onion, cube the beets, and rinse the garbanzo beans and set aside.
Once the sprouts and quinoa have finished cooking, cool for 10 minutes. Prepare 4 separate bowls or containers for each salad. Place 2 cups of spinach in each bowl then evenly top with the onions, beets, crumbled goat cheese, cooled quinoa and sprouts. Drizzle with dressing or store the dressing separately until the salads will be eaten.