ZUCCHINI, TOMATO AND FLAKED SALMON FRITTATA
~ serves 4; Paleo, low-FODMAP, Whole30, gluten & dairy-free
- 1 small zucchini, sliced (roughly 2 cups)
- 10 large eggs
- 1 roma tomato
- ¾ cup chopped green onion tops (no white bulb portions)
- 3 TBSPs milk of choice (I use plain, unsweetened almond milk or water)
- 2 (5-6 oz) cans salmon, drained and flaked (in water, wild caught)
- 1 TBSP avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet, pie dish, or 2 quart casserole dish with avocado oil. Trim the ends off the zucchini and slice into discs. Heat the avocado oil over medium heat in a large skillet for 2 minutes, then add the zucchini discs and chopped green onion ops; sauté for 2-4 minutes (or until tender). Set aside. Next, cut the roma tomato in thin slices.
Beat the eggs and milk/water together in a medium sized bowl. Toss in the zucchini, green onions, flaked salmon, and seasonings. Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into the skillet and top with the sliced tomatoes.
Bake for approximately 30 minutes uncovered or until the frittata no longer jiggles.