DARK CHOCOLATE COCONUT BITES
~ 22 servings; Paleo, dairy & gluten-free
- 2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 TBSPs collagen peptides
- ⅓ cup coconut butter, completely melted
- 3 TBSPs coconut oil, melted
- 1 TBSP almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 TBSPs honey
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy and soy-free preferred)
Add all ingredients except for the chocolate to a food processor and process on low until a moist, uniform mixture forms. Spoon out 1 TBSPs worth or the mixture and roll into balls. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 45 minutes or longer to harden.
About 10 minutes prior to wanting to coat the bites in chocolate, melt the chocolate chips in a double broiler on the stove. Use two forks to dip each bite into the chocolate. Gently shake to remove excess chocolate. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with a few flakes of salt or additional flaked coconut. Chill for 15 minutes until chocolate is set.