EASY TUNA PATTIES
~serves 3-4, Paleo option
- two 6 oz cans of tuna (in water)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (or almond flour for Paleo)
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP mustard (yellow or dijon)
- ½ TBSP garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 ½ TBSP extra virgin olive oil
First whisk the egg, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, salt and pepper. Then add the green onions, tuna and bread crumbs. Once the mixture is combined, divide it into 4 similar sized balls and form patties. If the mixture is too wet, add a little more almond flour or breadcrumbs so it is not as sticky.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and then add the olive oil. Gently place the patties in the pan and cook on each side for 4 minutes. Serve with mustard or tartar sauce.