Strawberry Avocado Chicken Salad
~serves 4, gluten free
- 1 bag of baby spinach or mixed greens
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ½ of a medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
In a large salad bowl, toss chicken, spring greens, strawberries, red onion, almonds, and avocados. Top with Gorgonzola cheese.
To make the dressing: Whisk together in a small bowl the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, cider vinegar, garlic, dijon mustard and honey. Drizzle over salad.