~serves 4, vegetarian
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (cherry or Roma tomatoes work best)
- 15-20 Kalamata olives (or canned black olives)
- 6 oz feta cheese
- 2 TBSP dried oregano
- 1 TBSP dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Wash all vegetables and slice/chop them. Mix tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and olives in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl combine the olive oil, oregano, and Italian seasoning to make the dressing. Roughly chop the romaine lettuce and place in a large serving bowl. Next, mix the chopped vegetables with the dressing and top the lettuce with this mixture. Sprinkle the feta cheese on top and serve!
*If preparing this for individual serving throughout the week, simply place the chopped vegetable mixture and feta cheese on top of the lettuce prior to mixing with the dressing. Drizzle the dressing on right before eating.
*Add grilled chicken breasts for a protein boost!