Tomato Basil Bisque
~serves 5-6, Paleo & vegan
- 2 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2, 14 oz cans diced tomatoes (BPA free can preferred)
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1, 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk (or close to full-fat)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 ¼ cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
Heat a large soup pan or dutch oven, then add oil and diced onions. Cook onion for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix well and simmer for 15 minutes.
Carefully transfer half of the soup to a blender or food processor and blend until completely uniform in texture. Repeat with the remaining half of soup. Pour the blended soup back into the pot to keep it warm prior to serving. (Alternatively you can use an immersion blender to blend the soup). Enjoy!