BEEF SHISH KABOBS
~ serves 3, Paleo; dairy & gluten-free
- 2 top sirloin steaks (8-10 oz total), cut into cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 10 mushrooms caps, washed and stems trimmed
- 1 large yellow or red onion, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 TBSPs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSPs balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBSPs dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Wood or metal skewers
After cutting all of the ingredients, heat your grill to medium-high heat. In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, and seasonings. Add the cubed beef to the bowl and stir until well-coated.
Thread the pieces of meat onto skewers. Then thread alternating vegetables on separate skewers. Season each kabob with additional garlic powder and salt.
Grill the vegetable kabobs on the lowest grate, turning them every two minutes and moving them around the grill so they are equally heated. Grill until the vegetables are nicely browned, about 15 minutes. After 8 minutes add the meat skewers and grill for 5-8 minutes depending on how rare you like your steak. Rotate the meat skewers at least once.