Broccoli, Cheese & Quinoa Tuna Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- ½ medium yellow onion, finely diced
- ¾ cups dried quinoa, rinsed
- 1, 16 oz bag or frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can of canned organic mushrooms (optional)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ TBSP garlic powder
- ½ cup Pacific Organic Condensed Soup - Mushroom
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk (any kind will work, but I use original almond milk)
- 2, 5 oz Albacore Tuna cans (in water), drained
*please note: if you tend to like more flavor in your food, add ½ TBSP dried dill and an additional ½ teaspoon garlic powder when you season the dish.
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a medium sized baking dish (2-3 quarts) with olive oil spray. Second, cook the quinoa by adding 1 ½ cups of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa, lower the heat to medium, and cook until all of the water is absorbed. While the quinoa finishes cooking, heat a large saucepan with 1 TBSP olive oil; add in the diced onion and saute for 1 minute. Next add the thawed broccoli florets and season with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook for 3 more minutes. Next add in ½ cup of the Pacific Organic Condensed Soup, mushrooms, and 1 cup of milk. Stir and then add the 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and combine well. Add the canned tuna and then finally add the cooked quinoa and stir again.
Transfer the mixture into a baking dish and place in the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes or until the top begins to brown just slightly.