BLUEBERRY BAKED OATMEAL
~ serves 6, gluten-free option, dairy-free
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (or maple syrup for Paleo version)
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned oats (use gluten free oats if you wish)
- ¾ cup milled flaxseed
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 cup blueberries or any other berry (frozen or fresh)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 8x8 inch pan (or similar sized casserole dish) with nonstick spray.
Whisk eggs, applesauce, vanilla, and brown sugar together. Stir the cinnamon, salt, baking powder, oats, and flaxseed in a separate bowl. Then add the milk to the dry mixture and add the remaining wet-mixture to the bowl. Spread the oats in the prepared pan and bake for 28-34 minutes. The oatmeal should not jiggle in the center.
Serve with milk, yogurt, or warm syrup.
*Note: other berries like raspberries, cranberries, or blackberries are great in this recipe as well. 1 cup of any berry will work and taste great!