Peanut Butter Oat Breakfast Cookies
~ makes 12 cookies; dairy-free & gluten-free option
- ½ cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats (gluten free or regular)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Mix all wet ingredients together (nut butter, coconut oil, banana & honey--tip: if you measure out the coconut oil first the honey will not stick to your measuring cup!). Then add all dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined. Form medium to large cookies (12-13 cookies) with a cookie scoop or your hands. The cookies do not spread so you should be able to fit them on one pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until the bottoms are firm. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freezer.