PUMPKIN SPICE GRANOLA
~ 36 servings (1 serving = ¼ cup), dairy-free & gluten-free option
- 6 cups old fashioned oats (use GF oats for a GF recipe)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (or other chopped nut)
- ½ cup unsalted pepita seeds
- ¼ cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup milled flaxseed (optional)
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup pure pumpkin, canned is ok
- ½ cup + 2 TBSPs pure maple syrup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare two baking pans with parchment paper.
Mix all of the dry ingredients, including the spices, together in a large bowl (I like to use my stand mixer with the paddle attachment). In a separate smaller glass bowl mix the wet ingredients and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the wet ingredients and heat for an additional 30 seconds. Once fully combined, pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and combine until the oats are fully covered.
Bake for 10 minutes and then turn the granola (stir on pan). Bake for an additional 10 minutes and turn the granola again. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crisp. Let the granola cool completely on the pans for at least 25 minutes prior to storing in a container or plastic bag. *Note - the oats will harden as they cool so be careful not to overcook the granola otherwise it may taste burnt.